The Mr. and Miss Earth 2005
It was such a bongaceous afternoon today because of the efforts of the teachers and students in making the Mr. and Miss Earth Pageant a success! And I mean, a success!
Hmm... I don't know where to start. Just forgive me if I fail to write some important details.
Anyway, the flag thing didn't go on, and I feel guilty for it. But I had another job this afternoon with Edric: to prohibit guests from sitting on the third-row seats to prevent them from seeing the scores from the judges. Guess that is another way to make up for the loss.
The DG began with a short drama of the history of the Philippines. Then, on with the show! The candidates paraded through the aisles and on the stage as the audience went wild in shouting and cheering! You can already see from their costumes that they really prepared for such a big event.
The candidates hit the ramps by pair as they show off their colorful and magnificent costumes. And everyone was so excited and amazed by the wonderful sight!
To me, I think the best costume should go to one of the following pairs: Thailand, Spain, Egypt, and Puerto Rico. And the judges chose the dazzling costume of Erwin and Gelo, Mr. and Miss Thailand! Even if they are not our class representatives, I should also feel happy since they are my batchmates.
Then came the serenade of Leigh and Tif. They were really into the song "My Guy," right Tif? :P
Next came the talent portion. This is what made the program long. Each pair of contestants showcase their talents, be it singing, dancing, or acting, and astonish the audience and the judges. What I liked was the acting of 2D (I'm sure it was second year and they came before Dan Lim, who is from 2E), and it was so hilarious! I also liked the "Miss Saigon" excerpt performed by David and Darene (4E) and a kid. I can feel the drama...
And after that came like a wait of around an hour and a half. Well, according to them, the judges were having a hard time giving scores because of the tight competition. But actually, the teachers were having a hard time computing for the scores. As stalling, Paul sang two songs, the candidates walked around the stage, and previous Powerpoint presentations were replayed.
And finally,at around five, they have announced the semifinalists. Our candidates made it to the top ten! And then came the Q&A portion. This was the time when I left to get my things in the classroom and did my Bookkeeping assignment, a worksheet. And while recording the amounts, I find some answers a little out-of-the-story and some, very direct and well-said. And in the course of the Q&A, Ran, Lance, and I placed our bets on who the Mr. and Miss Earth would be.
In the end, at around six, Val Cua of the Dominican Republic and Ella Choi of England [I think it should have been Great Britain] were crowned this year's Mr. and Miss Earth! I won the bet for the Miss Earth... Haha! Some of the runners-up were my PL and member, Joanna and Nicklaus (Mr. and Miss Egypt), Zebedee (Mr. Saudi Arabia), Ralph and Mia (Mr. and Miss Philippines), and others I forgot. Despite that our candidates Therese and Timothy did not make it in the top five, they were in the top ten, and that's also not that bad.
What a day! And now, I need to finish my worksheet and also other assignments.
Paalam! Sayonara! Ciao! Adieu! Au revoir! Zai jian! Bye!
Hmm... I don't know where to start. Just forgive me if I fail to write some important details.
Anyway, the flag thing didn't go on, and I feel guilty for it. But I had another job this afternoon with Edric: to prohibit guests from sitting on the third-row seats to prevent them from seeing the scores from the judges. Guess that is another way to make up for the loss.
The DG began with a short drama of the history of the Philippines. Then, on with the show! The candidates paraded through the aisles and on the stage as the audience went wild in shouting and cheering! You can already see from their costumes that they really prepared for such a big event.
The candidates hit the ramps by pair as they show off their colorful and magnificent costumes. And everyone was so excited and amazed by the wonderful sight!
To me, I think the best costume should go to one of the following pairs: Thailand, Spain, Egypt, and Puerto Rico. And the judges chose the dazzling costume of Erwin and Gelo, Mr. and Miss Thailand! Even if they are not our class representatives, I should also feel happy since they are my batchmates.
Then came the serenade of Leigh and Tif. They were really into the song "My Guy," right Tif? :P
Next came the talent portion. This is what made the program long. Each pair of contestants showcase their talents, be it singing, dancing, or acting, and astonish the audience and the judges. What I liked was the acting of 2D (I'm sure it was second year and they came before Dan Lim, who is from 2E), and it was so hilarious! I also liked the "Miss Saigon" excerpt performed by David and Darene (4E) and a kid. I can feel the drama...
And after that came like a wait of around an hour and a half. Well, according to them, the judges were having a hard time giving scores because of the tight competition. But actually, the teachers were having a hard time computing for the scores. As stalling, Paul sang two songs, the candidates walked around the stage, and previous Powerpoint presentations were replayed.
And finally,at around five, they have announced the semifinalists. Our candidates made it to the top ten! And then came the Q&A portion. This was the time when I left to get my things in the classroom and did my Bookkeeping assignment, a worksheet. And while recording the amounts, I find some answers a little out-of-the-story and some, very direct and well-said. And in the course of the Q&A, Ran, Lance, and I placed our bets on who the Mr. and Miss Earth would be.
In the end, at around six, Val Cua of the Dominican Republic and Ella Choi of England [I think it should have been Great Britain] were crowned this year's Mr. and Miss Earth! I won the bet for the Miss Earth... Haha! Some of the runners-up were my PL and member, Joanna and Nicklaus (Mr. and Miss Egypt), Zebedee (Mr. Saudi Arabia), Ralph and Mia (Mr. and Miss Philippines), and others I forgot. Despite that our candidates Therese and Timothy did not make it in the top five, they were in the top ten, and that's also not that bad.
What a day! And now, I need to finish my worksheet and also other assignments.
Paalam! Sayonara! Ciao! Adieu! Au revoir! Zai jian! Bye!

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页