吳永金傳

這件一言難盡的故事書記載了一個人的生活、過程、成就。只要每一天能緩緩地逝過去,作者能坐在電腦前慢慢地寫作,這故事能達到無邊無窮。 “明亮的月光, 照來我房裡。 我坐在窗邊, 心裡想著你。” -- 吳永金

星期六, 十一月 26, 2005

Night Lives

Here are another two posts regarding my evenings for the past two days.



Friday, 25 November
Face of the Year


More than a week or two ago, Charles Niu called me up about an upcoming event to be held at his school, Makati Hope Christian High School. They are holding the Face of the Year '06! And it so happens that he was one of the competitors! Also, since his birthday was not too long ago (last November 15), he also called up the others to come and after the program, mingle and chit-chat.

Too bad that last Friday, all the gals weren't able to go. Lynne's dad didn't allow her since it was a Friday (and there were classes the following day), and Stephanie said that she has some kind of seminar to attend to the next day. So only Charles Chua, Joshua, Ran, and I were able to go.

Although we were stuck in traffic for about an hour, it was really worth it! The food was great (even if it was not buffet, only a single round); the program was way past cool; the event itself was fantabulous! While we were seated, all of us were already having our eyes peeled for any signs of Charles on the stage. And yes, we did!

It's really good to get together with one of our friends who have long left us and SJCS. I don't think anything has changed in him for the past two years. As usual, he's still outgoing and sociable.

Randolph is famous with Charles' classmates and batchmates too! You see, when Charles moved to MHCHS last year, he told his classmates about the story Ran wrote during our second-year days. And when Charles' friends would see Ran, with Charles introducing him of course, they would all gather 'round and meet him!

We also met one of Charles' best friends in Makati Hope. Patrick was as fun and as sociable as Charles is, and through him, we were able to learn a lot of the new stuff Charles has been poking around in his school... and also some "heart-to-heart" talks... Haha!

I saw some famous singers there! I took a picture of Nina, but it's a little blurred in my cell phone. Nyoy Valante and King were there too, and they kept the heat of the program and the contest up!

Charles garnered four different titles: "Best in Casual Wear," "Best in Formal Wear," "Ms. Photogenic (he later found out that the sashes were interchanged)," and "Face of the Year '06!" When we heard his name called, we all did a standing ovation and were shouting like crazy on our places!

After the heat and the fun, Uncle Rudy and Aunt Almeda went ahead, while we (Charles Niu, Charles Chua, Joyce, Ran, Josh, and I) all went to Starbucks to talk awhile over cups of coffee and frappes. We talked about a lot; guess I can't write down everything here.

What a night. I really look forward to seeing Charles Niu again and have reunions like this someday.



Saturday, 26 November
Dining at the Kitchen


At the same time when Charles called me up about the Face of the Year '06, Denice IM'd me one day, and invited me to her 18th birthday party at GB3's Kitchen. Although her birthday is still on December 9th, she had the party yesterday.

Se actually invited not only her friends from Saint Jude but also some friends from Xavier and from the DLSU Computer Camp held last summer. I admit that only the Judenites were mingling with each other (except two of the Xavierians where one of them happened to be Lynne's cousin), but it was a fun night especially with Winston, Troy, Warner, Bata and the gang there.

Food was scrumptious! We all had bruschettes for appetizer; I forgot how the other one was called. For the main course, I chose the spaghettini al pesto with clams and Black Beauty for dessert. But since one of the Going Bananas was an extra on our table, in the end, I also finished it up.

To sum it all up, I enjoyed each other's company. I get to mingle with the other batchmates who I am not really that close or acquainted with. Somwhow, I get to be "advancing" in my social life. Thanks again very much for that party, Den!



That's about it folks. Well, I really should get to bed now. We'll be going to my grandparents' house in Caloocan tomorrow as early as eight in the morning. I hope I could get to the net there or bring my Legend of Condor Hero or El Filebusterismo and read to my mind's content there.

Good morning everyone!

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]



<< 主页