More?
Miss Majul came to me this lunch. She informed of another journalism contest, this time at CKHS. She showed me a list of those whom she picked for it, but unfortunately for her (as well as for the school), the top-notchers (Clarissa --> a.k.a Miss Alma Mater 2005, Kaira --> a.k.a. Mommy, Annabellee, Tiffany Lim, and Tiffany Chua --> a.k.a. Tiffy) from the previously-held Liyab '05 at the PNU won't be able to attend; Clarissa and Kaira needs to take the SAT; Annabellee and the Tiffanies will attend the ADMU Computer Contest. She was looking for substitutes for them.
Miss Majul first asked me, and I later knew that it was the contest with the Chinese articles and such. I told her YES at once! The school is supposed to submit its own publication, The Judenites, and the "judges" would base their verdict from the different articles and newspapers submitted. I already finished my Chinese story, 風雪無情 (the first half coming soon on The Judenites; please read and comment on it), and I hope that it will be worthy amongst the other Chinese articles.
The so-called contest is actually a seminar during the whole morning with free lunch and awarding ceremonies in the afternoon. Guess I'll be "cutting class" again for another Saturday... But what's more important is that I do not let my school and Miss Majul down on this one. If Tiffy and the others did it last August, then I must do equally well or better (if I can, that is).
It was yet another 華文平測 today. It’s a good thing I was able to finish the test; a lot of people did not. And one of the 問答 was (and my answer follows):
你認爲人生的目的是什麽?爲什麽?
我認爲人生的目的是爲了幫助世界上的人而生存。若一個人能吃盡苦頭,堅持何等困難,總是爲了別人的好處,他才能心滿意足,滿腔喜悅。直到他逝世後,別人會愛著他,深刻地紀念著他。他的功績會永留人間。
Well, I admit that I was being a little too dramatic. I think I forgot a few lines in that, but that's about it.
Nadia, X'ian, and I had to put our caption-writing skills back in action for the portfolio of our candidates in the Mr. and Miss Earth Pageant. Man! Those were a lot of pictures! What I can't forget is this caption from Nadia: "Our paper-rific pair for picture-perfect action."
I really don't want to let Mrs. Catama down, but it seems like the tides are turning. People can't attend practices because of other reasons, or I am told by my parents to come home early for certain reasons. Until now, there's still nothing to present. All I have is the music I painstalkingly chose during the semestral break. We don't even have the flags! Although I admit that what we have to do is easy: just walk down the aisles waving the flags, and it will take less than a minute.
Tomorrow is the badminton tryouts for the Sportsfest!
----------------
A short post script:
It really feels good to be called by teachers to participate in such prestigious contests and other similar events. My teachers trust in my skill, and I can't let them change that thought. Although I didn't make it in the ADMU Computer Contest or DLSU Chemistry Contest, at least I was given the chance to participate, right? And for the Young Engineers' Quiz, winning fourth is also something. For the Liyab '05, even if I really didn't participate in the contest itself, it was a fun experience being able to help my schoolmates and mingle with them and also learn new things about journalism. There were also times when I brought home the bacon (even if not the largest bacon there is), like garnering the Certificate of Distinction at the AMC, placing at the top 7% of my year level in the whole country and also the top 2% to 15% in the world, and also winning the gold with my dad at the recently-held PAGminton. Not to mention that I was chosen by the teachers to escort this year's Miss Alma Mater.
What are left now are the MTAP, UP Stat Challenge, and the Qiuyintung Journalism Contest. Wish me luck.
Miss Majul first asked me, and I later knew that it was the contest with the Chinese articles and such. I told her YES at once! The school is supposed to submit its own publication, The Judenites, and the "judges" would base their verdict from the different articles and newspapers submitted. I already finished my Chinese story, 風雪無情 (the first half coming soon on The Judenites; please read and comment on it), and I hope that it will be worthy amongst the other Chinese articles.
The so-called contest is actually a seminar during the whole morning with free lunch and awarding ceremonies in the afternoon. Guess I'll be "cutting class" again for another Saturday... But what's more important is that I do not let my school and Miss Majul down on this one. If Tiffy and the others did it last August, then I must do equally well or better (if I can, that is).
It was yet another 華文平測 today. It’s a good thing I was able to finish the test; a lot of people did not. And one of the 問答 was (and my answer follows):
你認爲人生的目的是什麽?爲什麽?
我認爲人生的目的是爲了幫助世界上的人而生存。若一個人能吃盡苦頭,堅持何等困難,總是爲了別人的好處,他才能心滿意足,滿腔喜悅。直到他逝世後,別人會愛著他,深刻地紀念著他。他的功績會永留人間。
Well, I admit that I was being a little too dramatic. I think I forgot a few lines in that, but that's about it.
Nadia, X'ian, and I had to put our caption-writing skills back in action for the portfolio of our candidates in the Mr. and Miss Earth Pageant. Man! Those were a lot of pictures! What I can't forget is this caption from Nadia: "Our paper-rific pair for picture-perfect action."
I really don't want to let Mrs. Catama down, but it seems like the tides are turning. People can't attend practices because of other reasons, or I am told by my parents to come home early for certain reasons. Until now, there's still nothing to present. All I have is the music I painstalkingly chose during the semestral break. We don't even have the flags! Although I admit that what we have to do is easy: just walk down the aisles waving the flags, and it will take less than a minute.
Tomorrow is the badminton tryouts for the Sportsfest!
----------------
A short post script:
It really feels good to be called by teachers to participate in such prestigious contests and other similar events. My teachers trust in my skill, and I can't let them change that thought. Although I didn't make it in the ADMU Computer Contest or DLSU Chemistry Contest, at least I was given the chance to participate, right? And for the Young Engineers' Quiz, winning fourth is also something. For the Liyab '05, even if I really didn't participate in the contest itself, it was a fun experience being able to help my schoolmates and mingle with them and also learn new things about journalism. There were also times when I brought home the bacon (even if not the largest bacon there is), like garnering the Certificate of Distinction at the AMC, placing at the top 7% of my year level in the whole country and also the top 2% to 15% in the world, and also winning the gold with my dad at the recently-held PAGminton. Not to mention that I was chosen by the teachers to escort this year's Miss Alma Mater.
What are left now are the MTAP, UP Stat Challenge, and the Qiuyintung Journalism Contest. Wish me luck.

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页