吳永金傳

這件一言難盡的故事書記載了一個人的生活、過程、成就。只要每一天能緩緩地逝過去,作者能坐在電腦前慢慢地寫作,這故事能達到無邊無窮。 “明亮的月光, 照來我房裡。 我坐在窗邊, 心裡想著你。” -- 吳永金

星期一, 一月 09, 2006

What if...

We went to Sky High to have lunch and to celebrate the birthdays of my dad and my cousin, Jessi. As usual, I ate almost all of the eight-dish laureate with the help of Matthew. Then we went to Rockwell to look around and my sister and I saw "The House of the Dead 4" in Power Station, and it's so cool from the graphics, the gameplay, the variety... everything!

Well, anyway, I'm not here to rant about what happened yesterday or today. There was nothing in particular that happened (except that I sang "You on my Mind" at Sky High and getting a 100). What opened my mind is that when we passed by Saint Peter while going home from Makati, my dad told me that during my second year of application in Saint Jude, I was only under probation (because of the things I did and said inside Fr. Yang's office during the first and second times of application) and that if I failed again, my parents would let me continue studying at New Life (my nursery school).

Before I start my reflection, let me give you the dialogue Fr. Yang and I had during my first year of application to Saint Jude (1992):

Fr. Yang: What is your name?
Me: E you? What is your name?
Fr. Yang (stunned): How old are you?
Me: How old are you?!
Fr. Yang (stupefied): Are you a boy or a girl?
Me (a little irritated): You?! Are you a boy or a girl?!?!

a few days later...

Fr. Yang: REJECT!!!!

Well, that's basically how it went the first time, but if it wasn't for my mischief, I wouldn't have marvelous people as batchmates.

What if I never got in to Saint Jude the second time or I passed the first time? How do I think my life would be? Now this is a question that would take a long while to answer...

I really enjoyed the times I've been with this batch, despite those times during the early years of grade school where I was always being teased (for being too silent or wearing that cursed headbrace during grade one). Elementary years do not really matter that much to me. High school does and has a great impact to me.

I think I wouldn't be the math and Chinese freak I am now if I never came here. I wouldn't have met such good friends like Ran and Lance and the others. Maybe I wouldn't be who I am right now if I were never here in this batch... all those memories, the good and bad times... all the things I've learned as I was moving up with them... the influences they bring... *sigh* It's such a broad thing that I couldn't even write a quarter of it here in this post.

To all my good friends, to all my teachers, to all my co-scout officers and members, and even to my acquaintances and batchmates, thank you for making my life in Saint Jude very colorful and memorable! Kita-kits ulit pag-alis natin ng Saint Jude a!

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]



<< 主页