Fulfillment
...and the Fu Shen Fu Building is about to be available to the Judenites. Tomorrow’s the big day; a lot of people, including some VIP’s, benefactors, and senators (that’s what they say), will be attending the blessing tomorrow morning.
Teachers and some non-teaching personnel had already begun putting the balloons and the benches. Students are already so excited that they have a self-tour of the eight-storey building. A lot gaze at the taraflex-floored badminton courts at the basement (for some reason). People are astounded by the grandiose chapel and the contemporary LCD computer laboratory.
Yup. Tomorrow IS a very big day for the administrators, the faculty, the non-teaching staff, and the students alike. I am so excited myself!
The Chinese Orchestra (which I’m a member) will be playing a few songs for the opening tomorrow. Well, we can’t fail or goof up since, like I said, there will be a lot of big shots coming.
After Nadz and I finished with the intro for the interview (TW and Speech project), I went out and saw FO eating at Mang Alex. I accompanied him and ate twenty pesos worth of kikiam and chicken ball. Then, we decided to go back and watch the cheering and the pep squad. And when we saw that the building is open for the students (it looked open; plus the teachers didn’t have any say when we went up), we left our bags at the canteen and had a tour of the place ourselves.
The chapel is found on the second and third floors. I was marveled by the commodious place and soothing ambience. We went higher to the fourth floor, and there we saw the two computer labs. I saw it myself: there are around fifty or so flat-screened computers! And that’s just one room (the other didn’t have the tables yet; my dad and his team hasn’t finished all tables I think). Onward to the fifth and sixth floors! It seems like the fifth floor will have computer labs as well. The sixth floor is a sort of multipurpose room. I think that was the ballet room and music room some guys have been talking about. That is where we’ll be playing tomorrow by the way. The seventh floor is still barricaded so we didn’t get the chance to see, as well as the eighth floor. The eighth is the priests’ residence, and according to Winston (who has toured the place twice), it’s a “glass house.”
I had the chance to go down to the taraflex courts, though when I stepped on the court, I think it’s a little hard. And I only realized that it was very deep when I went down. Well, that’s where we are playing in this year’s Sportsfest. My only comment is that (have I written this in my previous post?) there is no nearby restroom. Players couldn’t walk up and down that height after playing tiring games, you know.
It feels good to be part of the Saint Jude community. My dad bid for those custom-made computer tables, and he got the job. Uncle Robert, his friend, is one of the architects responsible for the design and layout of the building. Uncle Alfred, Uncle George, Aunt Valencia, and many other batch ’78 alumni also gave their share in this. This is something worth bragging to my friends.
It’s only bad for our batch will be missing a great deal of the new stuff. I often said to myself that I would desert my studies so that I’ll be forced to repeat and experience another year of Saint Jude, but who’s too demented to do that? I can always go back to my soon-to-be alma mater.
Well, I best be off now. I still need to finish some stuff.
Teachers and some non-teaching personnel had already begun putting the balloons and the benches. Students are already so excited that they have a self-tour of the eight-storey building. A lot gaze at the taraflex-floored badminton courts at the basement (for some reason). People are astounded by the grandiose chapel and the contemporary LCD computer laboratory.
Yup. Tomorrow IS a very big day for the administrators, the faculty, the non-teaching staff, and the students alike. I am so excited myself!
The Chinese Orchestra (which I’m a member) will be playing a few songs for the opening tomorrow. Well, we can’t fail or goof up since, like I said, there will be a lot of big shots coming.
After Nadz and I finished with the intro for the interview (TW and Speech project), I went out and saw FO eating at Mang Alex. I accompanied him and ate twenty pesos worth of kikiam and chicken ball. Then, we decided to go back and watch the cheering and the pep squad. And when we saw that the building is open for the students (it looked open; plus the teachers didn’t have any say when we went up), we left our bags at the canteen and had a tour of the place ourselves.
The chapel is found on the second and third floors. I was marveled by the commodious place and soothing ambience. We went higher to the fourth floor, and there we saw the two computer labs. I saw it myself: there are around fifty or so flat-screened computers! And that’s just one room (the other didn’t have the tables yet; my dad and his team hasn’t finished all tables I think). Onward to the fifth and sixth floors! It seems like the fifth floor will have computer labs as well. The sixth floor is a sort of multipurpose room. I think that was the ballet room and music room some guys have been talking about. That is where we’ll be playing tomorrow by the way. The seventh floor is still barricaded so we didn’t get the chance to see, as well as the eighth floor. The eighth is the priests’ residence, and according to Winston (who has toured the place twice), it’s a “glass house.”
I had the chance to go down to the taraflex courts, though when I stepped on the court, I think it’s a little hard. And I only realized that it was very deep when I went down. Well, that’s where we are playing in this year’s Sportsfest. My only comment is that (have I written this in my previous post?) there is no nearby restroom. Players couldn’t walk up and down that height after playing tiring games, you know.
It feels good to be part of the Saint Jude community. My dad bid for those custom-made computer tables, and he got the job. Uncle Robert, his friend, is one of the architects responsible for the design and layout of the building. Uncle Alfred, Uncle George, Aunt Valencia, and many other batch ’78 alumni also gave their share in this. This is something worth bragging to my friends.
It’s only bad for our batch will be missing a great deal of the new stuff. I often said to myself that I would desert my studies so that I’ll be forced to repeat and experience another year of Saint Jude, but who’s too demented to do that? I can always go back to my soon-to-be alma mater.
Well, I best be off now. I still need to finish some stuff.

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页