Minoring
I made up my mind yesterday after coming home from my Psych finals that I'll be minoring in Chinese Studies.
It all started during my oral exam in Hi16 with Sir Alejandrino last sem. He is also a faculty of the Chinese Department and, knowing that I am adept in the language, he asked me if I wanted to pursue further studies in Chinese. At first I said no since I had to pursue my Education units for my future repayment for my scholarship plus there is this Economics subject (Macroeconomics Theory) that the Math Department recommended us to take. So my remaining one elective may just have been for something else.
But then as I was walking out of the SocSci building, thoughts were starting to linger. Maybe taking up Chinese subjects is not so bad. So I started to ask the other teacher in Chn1, Miss Daisy See (she's the teacher of Ran and others this summer in Chn1) when we met the next day after I sat in her class, asking if I can credit FLC1 for Chn7. Sadly, both she and Sir Alejandrino said it was not possible since FLC is really required. I was thinking of taking Chn1 then maybe advance it to study Chn7.
And after a long period of time, to two days ago, I met Alfred at the LRT. While on board, he talked about taking up Chinese studies. As the conversation progressed, the more I was wanting to take up Chinese subjects. Alfred mentioned about some Judenite upperclassmen who also minored in Chinese which helped them pull their QPI up and other great things. So I was almost inspired, thinking also of the advantages of having a minor degree in Chinese studies.
Then yesterday at the Caf after the SA LT, I met with Ran and Celot. Celot happened to have this brochure of minoring in Chinese studies, so I immediately read it. It turns out that the Chinese Dept. has a lot of things in store! Then there is still certificates in Chinese language proficiency and completion. So we decided to go to the Chinese Dept. and inquire further.
Meeting the two teachers again, we had a long conversation with them, lasting almost before our Psych Finals. After understanding the concepets and qualifications, I was almost decided to go for this. There are these subjects which are really of interest to me (like Chinese History and Traditional Chinese) and some which can be used for my advantage (like Doing Business in China, Chinese for Business, Modern Chinese Economy, etc). My enjoyment with the conversations with other miscellaneous stuff also lifted my mood a bit and thought of this further.
And when I came home yesterday, I've decided to go for it!
This means that I need to overload every summer for the Chinese subjects and my last remaining elective will be for a Chinese subject as well. Then the two Educ. units and the Eco subject still remains.
How does this sound, by the way? "Master of Applied Mathematics Major in Mathematical Finance, Minor in Chinese Studies."
It all started during my oral exam in Hi16 with Sir Alejandrino last sem. He is also a faculty of the Chinese Department and, knowing that I am adept in the language, he asked me if I wanted to pursue further studies in Chinese. At first I said no since I had to pursue my Education units for my future repayment for my scholarship plus there is this Economics subject (Macroeconomics Theory) that the Math Department recommended us to take. So my remaining one elective may just have been for something else.
But then as I was walking out of the SocSci building, thoughts were starting to linger. Maybe taking up Chinese subjects is not so bad. So I started to ask the other teacher in Chn1, Miss Daisy See (she's the teacher of Ran and others this summer in Chn1) when we met the next day after I sat in her class, asking if I can credit FLC1 for Chn7. Sadly, both she and Sir Alejandrino said it was not possible since FLC is really required. I was thinking of taking Chn1 then maybe advance it to study Chn7.
And after a long period of time, to two days ago, I met Alfred at the LRT. While on board, he talked about taking up Chinese studies. As the conversation progressed, the more I was wanting to take up Chinese subjects. Alfred mentioned about some Judenite upperclassmen who also minored in Chinese which helped them pull their QPI up and other great things. So I was almost inspired, thinking also of the advantages of having a minor degree in Chinese studies.
Then yesterday at the Caf after the SA LT, I met with Ran and Celot. Celot happened to have this brochure of minoring in Chinese studies, so I immediately read it. It turns out that the Chinese Dept. has a lot of things in store! Then there is still certificates in Chinese language proficiency and completion. So we decided to go to the Chinese Dept. and inquire further.
Meeting the two teachers again, we had a long conversation with them, lasting almost before our Psych Finals. After understanding the concepets and qualifications, I was almost decided to go for this. There are these subjects which are really of interest to me (like Chinese History and Traditional Chinese) and some which can be used for my advantage (like Doing Business in China, Chinese for Business, Modern Chinese Economy, etc). My enjoyment with the conversations with other miscellaneous stuff also lifted my mood a bit and thought of this further.
And when I came home yesterday, I've decided to go for it!
This means that I need to overload every summer for the Chinese subjects and my last remaining elective will be for a Chinese subject as well. Then the two Educ. units and the Eco subject still remains.
How does this sound, by the way? "Master of Applied Mathematics Major in Mathematical Finance, Minor in Chinese Studies."

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页