Back to Back
Let me separate my mini-posts again. There are a lot of things to say for the past few days that I can't put them in one post. The date is the day when the event happened.
20 December (Wednesday)
What the Heck?!
I thought I was the only one so excited to watch the Sportsfest last Wednesday. I was surprised to know that a lot of my batchmates are also dying to watch as well.
I was there of course to support the Seniors.
The cheering performances of some batches were so exquisitely executed! I was thinking that they most probably will win runner-up and champion. I can really see that they did everyrthing they could and gave everything they had for the win.
I had a long test in Math at 12:30 that day, but what the heck? I wanted to see and listen to the results themselves before leaving for ADMU.
First runner-up goes to...the Juniors!
The Juniors of course were jubilated upon hearing that. But other people like me were even happier!
I was very anxious waiting for the announcement of who the champion was. I really wanted to hear for myself that the Seniors got first place before I leave. I thought the emcees and the judges were just increasing the suspense before announcing.
And the champion...the champion goes to...the Sophomores!
It seemed like everyone's heartbeat stopped for a moment there. It was a moment of silence.
Something struck me. "What the heck? How could that be?"
I was so disappointed upon hearing those damned words. Almost everyone expected that the Seniors would have brought home the bacon. But no, it was not them.
A few minutes after, I left.
During my lunch break (in ADMU), a pro-Senior (someone in favor of the seniors) texted me and gave me the results of the Miss Sportsfest (which I didn't care much about). And after, she even heard some rumors. One was a certain judge gave a very low score to the Seniors while he/she gave a very high score to the Sophies. At first I only blamed that judge for giving a 72 to the well-performed dance of the Seniors...
...but later, I found out that it also had something to do with IBC 13.
Rumor has it that a certain someone working in IBC 13 is actually a relative of a Sophie who happened to be in the Sophies' cheering squad (I don't give a damn whether it's true or not, but everyone is saying that it's true). And if you're in the Philippines, if you're someone in power or with cold, hard cash, you can do and get what you want. And from what I think, that person paid (or should I say, bribed) the aforementioned judge into giving those unreasonable and stupid scores to let the Sophies win.
And a batchmate also told me about the reason why there were six finalists for the muse last year. That sophie (then freshman) vied for Miss Sportsfest, and when the five finalists were already announced, there was a sudden interruption that this certain girl is also a finalist, making them six. And if I remember right, IBC 13 was also there last year. Hmm...Things are starting to patch up, don't you think?
I won't mind if the Sophies really did their best and did a lot better than the other batches. At least it was through honesty and self-reliance. But it was obvious last Wednesday that albeit they also did good, they pale in comparison with the Juniors and the Seniors. And bribing a judge just to win and for publicity?
Shut up, you bitch.
That's the most degrading and inhuman way of winning for a competition.
Do you know what you have done? You've demoralized the Seniors for what you did. They, who were the real and worthy champions, were pulled down by your horrendous act. And your batchmates right now are celebrating over something that is hollow and fickle. Most of all, you brought the danger of putting the name of Saint Jude Catholic School in shame.
Even one of your batchmates is so worried of what might happen. That person even said "Gusto kong patayin yung taong may kagagawan nito"!
You're nothing but a wanna-be winner and a low-grade trying-hard copycat, you imbecile. You may laugh all you want, but it will all soon go back to you.
22 December (Friday)
A Trip to Star City
Chris wanted to have a gimik once again, so we ended up in Star City yesterday afternoon.
Not everyone could make it though. Randolph, Gia (Ran's sister), Chris, Charlene (Chris' sister), Samuel, and I were the only ones who went.
At first we were supposed to go to MOA, but then Chris said that there was nothing worth doing there. And then Gia suggested Star City. Well, I haven't even been there yet, so I agreed.
Star City has improved a lot, according to out tour guide Gia. From what I saw, I agree. What's also cool is that almost all the rides and attractions are indoors, including the Anchors' Away ride and some roller coasters.
Randolph was like "Sulitin natin yung 250 natin a! 10 pesos bawat ride!" And we tried our best to reach that quota.
There was this so-called Flying Carpet where you are seated on a flat surface and that surface revolves 360 degrees, clockwise and counter-clockwise. Ran and Chris were feeling dizzy there. Then outside was this surf-ride, where you move "irregularly", like you are really hitting the waves on the surf board. Then there's the Wild River (Jungle Log Jam in EK) which we all rode twice and this cool roller coaster that moves so fast and has a 360 degree turn!
There were three haunted houses inside. What's funny was that in the first (Gabi ng Lagim), Ran was scared and Gia was like "Let's go inside Ahya Earvin!" and since I was one of the first people who was game, she even grabbed my arm and started pulling me in...Hahaha. But then after our second ride at the roller coaster, I suggest that we go in The Mummy. But then Gia was scared, and everyone else including Randolph wanted to go in as well, so she had no choice. She was so scared that she held my arm the whole time.
Also, there were these rides and attractions like Peter Pan, Snow White, The Little Mermaid, etc. For the sake of riding as much as we could, we also rode on them. :)
It was really cool inside. 250 pesos is already worth it for such attractions. One need not go to EK to enjoy such attractions. Star City is already enough if one wants to have a good time with the family, or have a simple but fun date with a special someone. (I remember Chris and Sam telling me to bring her there next time.)
We left at around 5:30 since people were already starting to flock the amusement park. And before going home, we all decided to play DotA until around 8.
20 December (Wednesday)
What the Heck?!
I thought I was the only one so excited to watch the Sportsfest last Wednesday. I was surprised to know that a lot of my batchmates are also dying to watch as well.
I was there of course to support the Seniors.
The cheering performances of some batches were so exquisitely executed! I was thinking that they most probably will win runner-up and champion. I can really see that they did everyrthing they could and gave everything they had for the win.
I had a long test in Math at 12:30 that day, but what the heck? I wanted to see and listen to the results themselves before leaving for ADMU.
First runner-up goes to...the Juniors!
The Juniors of course were jubilated upon hearing that. But other people like me were even happier!
I was very anxious waiting for the announcement of who the champion was. I really wanted to hear for myself that the Seniors got first place before I leave. I thought the emcees and the judges were just increasing the suspense before announcing.
And the champion...the champion goes to...the Sophomores!
It seemed like everyone's heartbeat stopped for a moment there. It was a moment of silence.
Something struck me. "What the heck? How could that be?"
I was so disappointed upon hearing those damned words. Almost everyone expected that the Seniors would have brought home the bacon. But no, it was not them.
A few minutes after, I left.
During my lunch break (in ADMU), a pro-Senior (someone in favor of the seniors) texted me and gave me the results of the Miss Sportsfest (which I didn't care much about). And after, she even heard some rumors. One was a certain judge gave a very low score to the Seniors while he/she gave a very high score to the Sophies. At first I only blamed that judge for giving a 72 to the well-performed dance of the Seniors...
...but later, I found out that it also had something to do with IBC 13.
Rumor has it that a certain someone working in IBC 13 is actually a relative of a Sophie who happened to be in the Sophies' cheering squad (I don't give a damn whether it's true or not, but everyone is saying that it's true). And if you're in the Philippines, if you're someone in power or with cold, hard cash, you can do and get what you want. And from what I think, that person paid (or should I say, bribed) the aforementioned judge into giving those unreasonable and stupid scores to let the Sophies win.
And a batchmate also told me about the reason why there were six finalists for the muse last year. That sophie (then freshman) vied for Miss Sportsfest, and when the five finalists were already announced, there was a sudden interruption that this certain girl is also a finalist, making them six. And if I remember right, IBC 13 was also there last year. Hmm...Things are starting to patch up, don't you think?
I won't mind if the Sophies really did their best and did a lot better than the other batches. At least it was through honesty and self-reliance. But it was obvious last Wednesday that albeit they also did good, they pale in comparison with the Juniors and the Seniors. And bribing a judge just to win and for publicity?
Shut up, you bitch.
That's the most degrading and inhuman way of winning for a competition.
Do you know what you have done? You've demoralized the Seniors for what you did. They, who were the real and worthy champions, were pulled down by your horrendous act. And your batchmates right now are celebrating over something that is hollow and fickle. Most of all, you brought the danger of putting the name of Saint Jude Catholic School in shame.
Even one of your batchmates is so worried of what might happen. That person even said "Gusto kong patayin yung taong may kagagawan nito"!
You're nothing but a wanna-be winner and a low-grade trying-hard copycat, you imbecile. You may laugh all you want, but it will all soon go back to you.
22 December (Friday)
A Trip to Star City
Chris wanted to have a gimik once again, so we ended up in Star City yesterday afternoon.
Not everyone could make it though. Randolph, Gia (Ran's sister), Chris, Charlene (Chris' sister), Samuel, and I were the only ones who went.
At first we were supposed to go to MOA, but then Chris said that there was nothing worth doing there. And then Gia suggested Star City. Well, I haven't even been there yet, so I agreed.
Star City has improved a lot, according to out tour guide Gia. From what I saw, I agree. What's also cool is that almost all the rides and attractions are indoors, including the Anchors' Away ride and some roller coasters.
Randolph was like "Sulitin natin yung 250 natin a! 10 pesos bawat ride!" And we tried our best to reach that quota.
There was this so-called Flying Carpet where you are seated on a flat surface and that surface revolves 360 degrees, clockwise and counter-clockwise. Ran and Chris were feeling dizzy there. Then outside was this surf-ride, where you move "irregularly", like you are really hitting the waves on the surf board. Then there's the Wild River (Jungle Log Jam in EK) which we all rode twice and this cool roller coaster that moves so fast and has a 360 degree turn!
There were three haunted houses inside. What's funny was that in the first (Gabi ng Lagim), Ran was scared and Gia was like "Let's go inside Ahya Earvin!" and since I was one of the first people who was game, she even grabbed my arm and started pulling me in...Hahaha. But then after our second ride at the roller coaster, I suggest that we go in The Mummy. But then Gia was scared, and everyone else including Randolph wanted to go in as well, so she had no choice. She was so scared that she held my arm the whole time.
Also, there were these rides and attractions like Peter Pan, Snow White, The Little Mermaid, etc. For the sake of riding as much as we could, we also rode on them. :)
It was really cool inside. 250 pesos is already worth it for such attractions. One need not go to EK to enjoy such attractions. Star City is already enough if one wants to have a good time with the family, or have a simple but fun date with a special someone. (I remember Chris and Sam telling me to bring her there next time.)
We left at around 5:30 since people were already starting to flock the amusement park. And before going home, we all decided to play DotA until around 8.

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页