吳永金傳

這件一言難盡的故事書記載了一個人的生活、過程、成就。只要每一天能緩緩地逝過去,作者能坐在電腦前慢慢地寫作,這故事能達到無邊無窮。 “明亮的月光, 照來我房裡。 我坐在窗邊, 心裡想著你。” -- 吳永金

星期三, 四月 26, 2006

Friendship and Love

What I am about to write are all entirely my viewpoints.

Someone forwarded me this quote: “We can never force love on anyone. No matter how much we like a person, we cannot simply snap our fingers and make that person like us too. We all have to realize that even if the greatest friendship has all the makings of a romantic relationship, there still [is] a world of difference between friendship and love.” And I tend to agree.

What is friendship? It is a bond between two persons who trust and look out for each other. Mostly it occurs between two persons with the same sex but friendships between a boy and a girl are not uncommon too. Friendship comes in a variety of levels, from mere acquaintances to very close friends.

What is a friend? A friend is someone you can depend on when you need help. A friend serves as a recipient of your verbal blows when you need to release the tensions inside your heart. A friend shares your deepest feelings and takes them as their own. Most of all, a friend is someone you can trust, someone you can tell anything and everything including your deepest secrets.

Now, what is love? It is a feeling towards someone you truly care for, someone you cannot live without. Romantic love is a feeling you have towards a special person of the opposite sex. You feel that he/she is the only person that matters the most next to your family.

Everyone falls in love during their adolescent years. I admit I have, lots of times. And I feel something different towards that girl compared to other girls in my peers. The mere thought of her does not leave my mind. Seeing her makes me smile. I would always worry when she goes out and later does not let me know she is safe and sound. I want to have communication with her to maintain a steady relationship.

Like what the quote above mentions, “we can never force love on anyone.” And that is very true! It is up to that special someone whether to love you back or not. And if she says no or “not this time”, you can never do anything but just wait for the right time and continue being friends with her and communicating with her. But deep inside, you still feel this throbbing. You do not want to give her up just because she said those things. You still feel that immense emotion towards her only technically, you are still friends or close friends maybe.

I hear from people and friends, “Don’t rush.” And that is somewhat related to the first sentence above. If you are rushing, the more you are being pulled further apart. The more she feels uneasy because to her it feels like you want to get her to you. And that is entirely wrong! Soon she will have finally had enough and decides to end everything and not give you a chance with her. You should be patient. Time will come when she fully realizes how much you love her and how much you care for her, and there love slowly starts on her part.

Well, what happens after you have become more intimate varies. I have never reached that part yet. All I know is that as the boy/man, you should never start fusses between yourselves and that you should treat the girl/woman with utmost respect. And that if things do not go well, there are no regrets since beforehand you already knew of the risks of falling in love.

There is one last thing I want to say. Lovers can always be friends but friends are not necessarily lovers.

Good day everyone!

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]



<< 主页