The End of the Beginning; the Beginning of the End
Listening to David Benoit...
My hardships in studying formally ended last Friday when the MTAP Regionals for grade six and fourth year students ended that afternoon. Cla and I did “worse” (in terms of points) but we had less regrets since our mistakes were not entirely due to carelessness. We placed seventh, garnering forty five points by the way.
Dad and I attended an open house at the Ateneo last Saturday. It wasn’t really much, except that a mother raised a question regarding scholarship and she made it feel that her child needed one if he/she will be studying there. We were all tired of listening to her blabbering and wanted to leave for the delicious snack already.
The last Mass and the Recognition Day were also held the same day. Well, I got three certificates (one of which was “props”) and three medals: two bronze, and another for service (not sure of the element). I got the certificates for being a member of the SAMS and The Judenites (where Miss Majul placed my name in the Chinese section during the second issue for writing a story). The “props” certificate was the Certificate of Distinction I got last November in the Australian Mathematics Competition. The two bronze medals were for badminton: mixed doubles and boys’ singles.
And during the last performances of the Seniors, I almost got teary eyed. It was fun and painful reminiscing those times: the presentations, field demos… Too bad I, along with Randolph and company, were not with the batch to hug each other and stuff coz we had to pull the banner at the balcony. I can feel the separation coming closer and closer.
Yesterday, it was my first time to play DotA! I already got the hang of it, having “experience” with Warcraft III. If Ran had not left earlier, I would have a fun time slaying Lance’s and Ran’s heroes with my Enchantress. I was the highest-level character in that game by the way. But then when Sam and I were against Lance in another game, Lance was in a killing spree! It had to end when dad called me up to fetch me.
Today, I’m all home alone. You know, when I was walking out of school, Maffi was like walking towards my direction, concentrated on her cell phone that she did not even notice I was in front. If I did not call her, she could’ve bumped into me, literally! Haha… And then later Marshy, Maffi, and I walked to Ersao, talking about a lot of stuff from dreams, to college plans, to Feng Shui, to debut parties and clothes (which I may not have been able to relate 100%), etc… Sort of like “bonding”… Hehe.
Still idling about here at home! No good shows to watch; it is a little boring playing the same games again and again…
My hardships in studying formally ended last Friday when the MTAP Regionals for grade six and fourth year students ended that afternoon. Cla and I did “worse” (in terms of points) but we had less regrets since our mistakes were not entirely due to carelessness. We placed seventh, garnering forty five points by the way.
Dad and I attended an open house at the Ateneo last Saturday. It wasn’t really much, except that a mother raised a question regarding scholarship and she made it feel that her child needed one if he/she will be studying there. We were all tired of listening to her blabbering and wanted to leave for the delicious snack already.
The last Mass and the Recognition Day were also held the same day. Well, I got three certificates (one of which was “props”) and three medals: two bronze, and another for service (not sure of the element). I got the certificates for being a member of the SAMS and The Judenites (where Miss Majul placed my name in the Chinese section during the second issue for writing a story). The “props” certificate was the Certificate of Distinction I got last November in the Australian Mathematics Competition. The two bronze medals were for badminton: mixed doubles and boys’ singles.
And during the last performances of the Seniors, I almost got teary eyed. It was fun and painful reminiscing those times: the presentations, field demos… Too bad I, along with Randolph and company, were not with the batch to hug each other and stuff coz we had to pull the banner at the balcony. I can feel the separation coming closer and closer.
Yesterday, it was my first time to play DotA! I already got the hang of it, having “experience” with Warcraft III. If Ran had not left earlier, I would have a fun time slaying Lance’s and Ran’s heroes with my Enchantress. I was the highest-level character in that game by the way. But then when Sam and I were against Lance in another game, Lance was in a killing spree! It had to end when dad called me up to fetch me.
Today, I’m all home alone. You know, when I was walking out of school, Maffi was like walking towards my direction, concentrated on her cell phone that she did not even notice I was in front. If I did not call her, she could’ve bumped into me, literally! Haha… And then later Marshy, Maffi, and I walked to Ersao, talking about a lot of stuff from dreams, to college plans, to Feng Shui, to debut parties and clothes (which I may not have been able to relate 100%), etc… Sort of like “bonding”… Hehe.
Still idling about here at home! No good shows to watch; it is a little boring playing the same games again and again…

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页