吳永金傳

這件一言難盡的故事書記載了一個人的生活、過程、成就。只要每一天能緩緩地逝過去,作者能坐在電腦前慢慢地寫作,這故事能達到無邊無窮。 “明亮的月光, 照來我房裡。 我坐在窗邊, 心裡想著你。” -- 吳永金

星期三, 二月 08, 2006

Memoirs, Friendship, and a Bar of Chocolate

I find myself getting closer to Margaret these days, as in we make each other smile and laugh during class and such. We are actually childhood friends since the first years in preschool, and each of us has a fond memory that has never left our hearts in these years.

Like during Prep I, she claims that she pulled my chair while I was seated on it and I hit the ground real hard, and according to her, I cried. Well she says that she used to be playful and a little “evil,” but now she’s a shy but good friend.

What I remember fondly is that during Prep II, during recess, she got a bar of Butterfinger (chocolate bar) and just opening the wrapper, she just gave the whole thing to me. I was the silent and you-go-ahead type long ago, so, thinking that it was out of good will, I ate it. But then the bell rang and I haven’t finished even half of the bar. Miss Ona (our Prep II class adviser) saw me chewing on the bar and she even imitated me. But she was kind enough to let me finish without her pinching my right ear.

And ever since Prep III until last year, we never had classes in the same room again. But fate was kind enough to let us be together again now after ten years in fourth year high school. I am very grateful that we were given the chance to make up for lost time again.

That’s Margaret: a girl who had made my life more colorful and memorable not only with her attitude and personality but also with a bar of chocolate. :D

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]



<< 主页