吳永金傳

這件一言難盡的故事書記載了一個人的生活、過程、成就。只要每一天能緩緩地逝過去,作者能坐在電腦前慢慢地寫作,這故事能達到無邊無窮。 “明亮的月光, 照來我房裡。 我坐在窗邊, 心裡想著你。” -- 吳永金

星期五, 九月 28, 2007

Eight Random Facts

I think I've done this a long time ago but I just want to have the fun again. I got this from Lynne's blog.

* Each blogger must post these rules first.
* Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* Bloggers that are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I am supposed to be in third year right now if it weren't for my mischief during my Prep 1 application at Saint Jude. Basically I just returned all of the principal's questions back at him! Shocked and stupefied, he had no choice but to fail me, thus delaying me for one year. :)

2. I barely listened to nursery rhymes or modern songs when I was little. Every time the family is in the car, the songs on the radio were always those from Clair Marlo, David Benoit, SOS (do these names ring a bell), etc.! If you asked me then what my favorite songs were, I would reply "David Benoit."

3. Tetris was my favorite pasttime. Mom told me before that she always played the Family Computer when she was still pregnant with me, and Tetris was the top game. So before my classes in the afternoon, Tetris would take majority of my time in the morning! And now I'm still adept at it. My highest record since childhood is around 5600 lines! :)

4. I never really liked basketball. I think the reason behind is because of the running from both edges of the court and the harshness it has when rage ensues. People would be so astonished when they ask me "Do you play basketball?" yet I reply with "No I play badminton (and presently more of table tennis)". Now however I find myself playing basketball more often because of Aldrin, Celot, etc.. and I'm beginning to get the hang of post-ups. :D

5. I used to be an anime addict! I always watched and glued myself to those that were showing on AXN and Animax. I was so addicted to the point that I was able to familiarize (and even memorize) most of the songs. Now the addicition is partially gone because I don't get to watch that often anymore or the new animes that are showing are not my type.

6. As a follow up from #5, I learned Japanese by watching anime. By reading the English subtitles and listening to the spoken words, I learned slowly basic Japanese phrases and words like "bakero (idiot)" or "konichiwa (hello)." And I also learned Hiragana from the opening and ending themes.

7. I call my dad "Papa" and my mom "Mama;" however, I call my Angkong "Daddy" and my Amah "Mommy;" Guakong becomes "Angkong" and Guama becomes "Amah." It's a long story.

8. I'm a mathematics major, but I also enjoy writing short poems and stories (especially in Chinese). My high school technical writing teacher inspired me to write Chinese prose in the school paper (and also three other works which I'm too lazy to do since the past year). Lit 14 on the other hand, albeit obtaining a C, made me appreciate poems. Sometimes some vivid scenes will suddenly make me think of writing a new poem, which usually relates to my current mood and/or feelings.

And I will tag...the first eight people to read this post. But everyone is welcome to get themselves tagged voluntarily. :)

------------

A lot has happened for the past two weeks.

ADMU lost from DLSU last Tuesday but made a comeback against UST last Sunday and DLSU yesterday. Sunday's game determines the second placer in this season's UAAP.

It was yet another dreaded Accounting LT last night. Inspired as we may be from ADMU's victory, the inspiration was not enough to make the test a breeze. Maybe we are inspired to have grades of 65-64 perhaps?

As for tomorrow, I will be attending the debut of a friend from Scouting. And...seeing her (not the debutante; the "her" I always refer to in my blog) tomorrow should be one heck of an experience.

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]



<< 主页