吳永金傳

這件一言難盡的故事書記載了一個人的生活、過程、成就。只要每一天能緩緩地逝過去,作者能坐在電腦前慢慢地寫作,這故事能達到無邊無窮。 “明亮的月光, 照來我房裡。 我坐在窗邊, 心裡想著你。” -- 吳永金

星期日, 七月 15, 2007

Induction Rites

I woke up at around 7 to wait for Aldrin to come here because he was supposed to tag along with his siblings in going to SJCS, but alas, he was still sleeping soundly when his siblings left him. So basically I was the only one who watched the program along with a few people I know from the lower batch.

The program was mainly so-so. It went with a bad start when the DBMC were delayed.

What I was disappointed with was the Chinese of one of the emcees. Really, it was disappointing. It was really pointless having her deliver Chinese lines if she would just speak that way -- it was like an elementary student reading a Chinese story, word per word. In addition, her words were basically dead, that is, her deliveries were all monotonous! I don't know what else to say. The emcees might as well should have just both spoken in English. It's a disgrace.

The Chinese org performed a hand interpretative dance of a very old classic song which made me sing along even if I didn't know the lyrics! Well, although the performance was very cliche, they were able to make the audience cheer (even if it was just through the exaggerated moves of the "bad boys"). And while watching the Chinese org members, I believe I should apologize to them for stereotyping all of them as those who are lazy in studying Chinese and just looking for incentives.

Criticisms aside, of course I also liked some parts of the program!

What followed was one of the things I was looking forward to -- an Wushu presentation! Now that uplifted my bored state for quite a while. Having read some Chinese martial arts novels, it was really fun looking at all the sword strokes and fists, especially the Swan Fist (if that's how you call it in English).

The DG production followed. I don't know why or how, but I was able to appreciate that play compared to previous years. Hmm...Must be Miss Ina's Lit 13 and Lit 14 classes that made me like and appreciate plays better.

After the usual recitation of oath and law of the various officers were the video presentations of each of the eighteen organizations. What I liked with every video was that each was unique and had good concepts. They were really well-made! But some really stood out, such as the Homemakers, Computer Club, and of course, our very own Scouting (c/o Aldrin)! :D Well, not to be biased or anything ok? :)

And it was after the Scouting video (the last among the eighteen) was finished when I left for ADMU for NSTP skills training.

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]



<< 主页