Viaje: OrSem 2006 (Second of Three Parts)
Today was sunny, and of course hot! But the activities were a lot hotter!
After the morning show, the JGSOM and SOSE went on a campus (and a few organizational) tours. I thought it was the normal walking slowly looking at the buildings one by one and listening to the TNT but no! We had to run from one tent to another and the TNT will explain the buildings and landmarks nearby! Good thing there were “pit stops” where we get to drink free coffee, iced tea, and even soda! That replenished the energy I lost.
Good thing I was able to eat my lunch today. It was yummy by the way and soft enough for the plastic utensils to be used.
Then we watched a short film about how to “fit in” the Ateneo and live by its teachings and principles. It was even based on the reality series “Lost” with a touch of humor.
There was an inter-block competition later. Five blocks were present and our block won! We got Oreo wafers as our prizes.
Here is where the serious part comes in. We were all seated in a circle, and we each have a sheet of paper. You will pass it to the person to your right and he/she will write a short message to you.
The Blue Babble Battalion raised our energy levels by booming their drums and performing their cheering. Yeah, that did it. Everyone was shouting and cheering for them! They taught us some of the Ateneo cheers and the school hymn after.
It seemed like the day ended more quickly than yesterday. I don’t know… Maybe because time flies faster when one is having fun? And I think today is more fun!
Too bad tomorrow we will be grouped by our “English blocks”, not by course blocks. Guess I won’t be seeing the same people tomorrow. (Good thing I have yellow shirts!)
After the morning show, the JGSOM and SOSE went on a campus (and a few organizational) tours. I thought it was the normal walking slowly looking at the buildings one by one and listening to the TNT but no! We had to run from one tent to another and the TNT will explain the buildings and landmarks nearby! Good thing there were “pit stops” where we get to drink free coffee, iced tea, and even soda! That replenished the energy I lost.
Good thing I was able to eat my lunch today. It was yummy by the way and soft enough for the plastic utensils to be used.
Then we watched a short film about how to “fit in” the Ateneo and live by its teachings and principles. It was even based on the reality series “Lost” with a touch of humor.
There was an inter-block competition later. Five blocks were present and our block won! We got Oreo wafers as our prizes.
Here is where the serious part comes in. We were all seated in a circle, and we each have a sheet of paper. You will pass it to the person to your right and he/she will write a short message to you.
The Blue Babble Battalion raised our energy levels by booming their drums and performing their cheering. Yeah, that did it. Everyone was shouting and cheering for them! They taught us some of the Ateneo cheers and the school hymn after.
It seemed like the day ended more quickly than yesterday. I don’t know… Maybe because time flies faster when one is having fun? And I think today is more fun!
Too bad tomorrow we will be grouped by our “English blocks”, not by course blocks. Guess I won’t be seeing the same people tomorrow. (Good thing I have yellow shirts!)

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页