Temporary Respite
It was a very long and tiring night yesterday evening studying for long tests in Fil and Lit. I spent a total of five hours, finishing the take-home essay quiz in Lit at around 1:30. Good thing I was able to take a nap that afternoon so I wasn't really exhausted while and after studying/answering the take-home exam.
As I woke up, still sleepy and tired from the studying the previous night, I rushed just to make it in time for my InTAC class at 8:30. Well, I was there ten minutes early anyway.
When the Ateneo clocks struck 11:20, I felt this strange feeling coming from within me. It was like dooms day was dawning over the classroom. Then the proctor came with the test paper.
Upon seeing the new poem to be interpreted, I was a little nervous at first. Then I remembered the things necessary for interpreting such poems and I slowly caught the meaning and inferred the point of the piece. And answering the essay questions were not as hard as they seem.
After the test, I felt confident that I would get at least a 32/40 and not flunk it like I did with some short quizzes before. A flash of hope glistened on my face...I'm slowly making up for all those low grades before.
As I entered my classroom for Eng/Lit, the same feeling dawned again -- the seventy-item objective-type long test was intimidating. But then I did study well the notes she gave us. There was little to fear.
When I went through the questions and answered them, I realized that they were not so hard after all! I was going smoothly over each item, filling each blank with ease (well, I had to go back for some I missed) but in the end I was able to fill al of them. Then Miss Ina even gave out bonus questions! Eleven even! That should be enough to make up for the items that I was not that sure of...
And at the end of my classes, I felt happiness that I finally went through that endeavor. Two big boulders were already removed from my shoulders. I can be at ease...for now.
As I woke up, still sleepy and tired from the studying the previous night, I rushed just to make it in time for my InTAC class at 8:30. Well, I was there ten minutes early anyway.
When the Ateneo clocks struck 11:20, I felt this strange feeling coming from within me. It was like dooms day was dawning over the classroom. Then the proctor came with the test paper.
Upon seeing the new poem to be interpreted, I was a little nervous at first. Then I remembered the things necessary for interpreting such poems and I slowly caught the meaning and inferred the point of the piece. And answering the essay questions were not as hard as they seem.
After the test, I felt confident that I would get at least a 32/40 and not flunk it like I did with some short quizzes before. A flash of hope glistened on my face...I'm slowly making up for all those low grades before.
As I entered my classroom for Eng/Lit, the same feeling dawned again -- the seventy-item objective-type long test was intimidating. But then I did study well the notes she gave us. There was little to fear.
When I went through the questions and answered them, I realized that they were not so hard after all! I was going smoothly over each item, filling each blank with ease (well, I had to go back for some I missed) but in the end I was able to fill al of them. Then Miss Ina even gave out bonus questions! Eleven even! That should be enough to make up for the items that I was not that sure of...
And at the end of my classes, I felt happiness that I finally went through that endeavor. Two big boulders were already removed from my shoulders. I can be at ease...for now.

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页