吳永金傳

這件一言難盡的故事書記載了一個人的生活、過程、成就。只要每一天能緩緩地逝過去,作者能坐在電腦前慢慢地寫作,這故事能達到無邊無窮。 “明亮的月光, 照來我房裡。 我坐在窗邊, 心裡想著你。” -- 吳永金

星期五, 六月 23, 2006

The First Week

I was supposed to update during the first day but the net and Blogger was a little choppy these past few days so I could not update even my template.

Anyway, to put my first week in one word: FUN. Yup, it was fun, not to mention there are no classes in ADMU today. I’m starting to blend into the ADMU environment not only with my high school friends and classmates but with my new friends and blockmates as well!

Even my teachers and professors are cool! There’s Doc Mara who may seem to be like Gulay but on the contrary teaches very well and quick too! And I don’t get bored with his discussions even if the lesson was discussed already in high school and his voice is not that resonant. Well, what can I say? He has a Ph.D. in math and has been in the academe for many years now. And I later learned that he actually “made” Ateneo’s ME, AMC, and AMF!

Then there’s Mr. Erik Vidal who is our AMC21 prof. Well I am sure that learning C all over again won’t be dragging. He was even giving away free chocolate to those who could answer his questions yesterday!

What I didn’t like were the diagnostic tests in Filipino and English! To be honest, it was the first time Filipino seemed like a foreign language. And writing a five-paragraph essay sure is tiring.

It will be fun getting used to the cafeteria. At long last I can have different meals every day, unlike in Saint Jude where they serve almost the same food every two weeks or so. Plus, I don’t have to worry about running to the front of the lunch line and undisciplined people who insert themselves in front. I can finally choose from a diverse range of delicacies and cuisines, only I have to pay for them everyday from now on.

We had a sort-of block “gimik” yesterday afternoon! Too bad not everyone could go, and we had to wait for some people either because they still had PE classes or they had other matters to attend to so they were late.

Since we couldn’t go to Gateway anymore, we just went to Shakey’s at the other side of Katipunan and there we ate and talked. Even a topic about religion was brought up and man that was long. But the company was good.

I noticed that a lot of other blocks are also planning gimiks yesterday and today. The reason behind this is because after this week, it will be very hard to find any free time for those kinds of stuff anymore. And from what I heard from a professor, freshmen are the most overloaded among the students. Wish us luck.

How are all my fellow batchmates in other colleges faring?

1 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]



<< 主页