Reminiscence
As Clarissa was introducing the different numbers of the Seniors, saying that they were all of our past years, things started coming to my mind. And as I watch the numbers of David and company (Laban o Bawi; first year), Maisie and company (Samba; second year), and Edison and company (JS Prom special number; third year), I can’t stop but remember the things of the past. Beneath the wild shouting and smiling, I reminisce my high school life.
High school was a turning point of me. This was the time when I started to become more socially active among my batch mates, to learn a lot of new things, and to meet my friends. I met Randolph during the opening of classes in first year, and Lynne, Rachel, Charles, etc. followed. I joined the Scouting Movement and participated in activities like the CCP Performance and Sportsfest. I started going out of the school to fight for Saint Jude’s name in the MTAP contests (although we never made it to the top… yet). Oh yes. I remember these things like they were only yesterday.
I won’t elaborate on these experiences that I’ve had. If I would, then you would have a hard time reading a ten or twenty-paragraph post here. Let me have a brief narration of these.
First year was when I met Ran, Lynne, Charles, and company. We were all seated on the front row and Lynne behind Charles on row five. And every break time, we would have our “sessions” as I call it. Later there was a new seating arrangement where I get to sit at the back behind Luz with them clustered in front, but that didn’t matter. I even remember the Ibong Adarna play that we had, where I played King Salermo. First year was also when I developed a great liking for Chinese History because of Miss Chong.
Second year? Well, that was when I got a line of seven for the second time in my whole thirteen years in SJCS (Filipino). Miss Cabrera teaches very well, but somehow majority of the students have a hard time in the exams and in the quizzes. How could I also forget the first time she scolded Bryan and I? For the Judenites, you do know how she becomes angry, right? This was also when I met Lance. But the very epitome of my sophomore year would be the CCP Performance where I participated and also the first school fair that we had for the past how many years. Can’t forget the reason why Ran and I joined the Chinese Orchestra: to get exemptions from Chinese. Hehe… This was also the year when I had my first crush… ahem!
Anyway, third year was when I became even more active in batch and school activities, like joining the Sportsfest (where I garnered the silver medal for badminton), joining the SAMS, and also the Speechfest and AMC. I want to help my fellow students by teaching them their common Waterloo: math. And making the reviewers and teaching during tutorials are two ways of doing this. “A Borderless World Does Not Preclude the Idea of a Home.” These words never leave my mind. All those stays at Stacy’s house until nine or ten in the evening? Who could ever forget those fun-filled times? And how could I forget that we won first in the Speechfest? That was a great achievement. And also I thank Miss Torrecampo for letting me join the Australian Mathematics Competition. I received a Certificate of Distinction; that means I am in the top 2% to 15% of the 440,000 participants worldwide. I was also in the top 5% in the country, according to the statistics they (the Australian officials if that’s how you call them) sent me. Now I know that I must do better in order to be better. What about the Junior-Senior Promenade, where I was one of the masters of ceremony? I can’t forget the times with Clarissa, Paul, and Nadia staying late in school to practice our lines (especially the French).
This year, what was memorable would be the retreat. I have a post in my Friendster blog about it. What else? I made new friends like Tiffy and I got closer to Coks, Samuel, Warren, and FO. I knew my classmates better.
These would be about it. And after I leave the doors of my soon-to-be alma mater, I’ll never forget that I went through all of these happiness, pains, and achievements. Now those are something worth reminiscing when I grow old.
High school was a turning point of me. This was the time when I started to become more socially active among my batch mates, to learn a lot of new things, and to meet my friends. I met Randolph during the opening of classes in first year, and Lynne, Rachel, Charles, etc. followed. I joined the Scouting Movement and participated in activities like the CCP Performance and Sportsfest. I started going out of the school to fight for Saint Jude’s name in the MTAP contests (although we never made it to the top… yet). Oh yes. I remember these things like they were only yesterday.
I won’t elaborate on these experiences that I’ve had. If I would, then you would have a hard time reading a ten or twenty-paragraph post here. Let me have a brief narration of these.
First year was when I met Ran, Lynne, Charles, and company. We were all seated on the front row and Lynne behind Charles on row five. And every break time, we would have our “sessions” as I call it. Later there was a new seating arrangement where I get to sit at the back behind Luz with them clustered in front, but that didn’t matter. I even remember the Ibong Adarna play that we had, where I played King Salermo. First year was also when I developed a great liking for Chinese History because of Miss Chong.
Second year? Well, that was when I got a line of seven for the second time in my whole thirteen years in SJCS (Filipino). Miss Cabrera teaches very well, but somehow majority of the students have a hard time in the exams and in the quizzes. How could I also forget the first time she scolded Bryan and I? For the Judenites, you do know how she becomes angry, right? This was also when I met Lance. But the very epitome of my sophomore year would be the CCP Performance where I participated and also the first school fair that we had for the past how many years. Can’t forget the reason why Ran and I joined the Chinese Orchestra: to get exemptions from Chinese. Hehe… This was also the year when I had my first crush… ahem!
Anyway, third year was when I became even more active in batch and school activities, like joining the Sportsfest (where I garnered the silver medal for badminton), joining the SAMS, and also the Speechfest and AMC. I want to help my fellow students by teaching them their common Waterloo: math. And making the reviewers and teaching during tutorials are two ways of doing this. “A Borderless World Does Not Preclude the Idea of a Home.” These words never leave my mind. All those stays at Stacy’s house until nine or ten in the evening? Who could ever forget those fun-filled times? And how could I forget that we won first in the Speechfest? That was a great achievement. And also I thank Miss Torrecampo for letting me join the Australian Mathematics Competition. I received a Certificate of Distinction; that means I am in the top 2% to 15% of the 440,000 participants worldwide. I was also in the top 5% in the country, according to the statistics they (the Australian officials if that’s how you call them) sent me. Now I know that I must do better in order to be better. What about the Junior-Senior Promenade, where I was one of the masters of ceremony? I can’t forget the times with Clarissa, Paul, and Nadia staying late in school to practice our lines (especially the French).
This year, what was memorable would be the retreat. I have a post in my Friendster blog about it. What else? I made new friends like Tiffy and I got closer to Coks, Samuel, Warren, and FO. I knew my classmates better.
These would be about it. And after I leave the doors of my soon-to-be alma mater, I’ll never forget that I went through all of these happiness, pains, and achievements. Now those are something worth reminiscing when I grow old.

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页