吳永金傳

這件一言難盡的故事書記載了一個人的生活、過程、成就。只要每一天能緩緩地逝過去,作者能坐在電腦前慢慢地寫作,這故事能達到無邊無窮。 “明亮的月光, 照來我房裡。 我坐在窗邊, 心裡想著你。” -- 吳永金

星期二, 九月 27, 2005

"HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY!"

Too bad the day had to end so quickly… The Chinese teachers did not even perform (again)! But I’m so glad that this day is one of the most memorable days in my high school life.

Highlights were the batch party and, of course, the program itself. In the batch party, even if the food were a little scarce (in my point of view as well as Lance’s and Ran’s), it was fun watching the teachers do the newspaper dance and bands performing.

The climax is the Teachers’ Day Program! Like I said before, I was one of the people doing the interpretative dance for the invocation. It was all smooth sailing throughout the two-minute presentation that we had. I had no reason to goof off since I know what to do.

It was really a nice sight to see the teachers receiving gifts from their corresponding escorts. It just goes to show that we students do appreciate them and what they do for us.

But what were breathtaking were the batch presentations! Cut the formalities of addresses and speeches and give way to the energetic young students of Saint Jude showcasing their dancing skills!

The Freshmen performed Chinese dances (which were not really Chinese for it looked more like modern dances accompanied with Chinese pop to me). In my opinion, they did well and a lot better compared to last year’s. The Sophomores on the other hand did the ballroom as usual. There were Samba, Swing, and Latino. My! Almost all of us in our row were shaking to the groove especially the Swing and Latino! Now that’s more I like it. The Juniors? Well, they did a very energetic modern dance! They were pumping up the ambience of the whole auditorium!

I of course was waiting for our batch presentation! They (the presenters) only started practicing last Friday because of a turn of events. They stayed in school until ten according to my classmate Keith! And as I watched their vaudeville of acting and dancing, within that big smile and clapping, I look up to them for a job very well done. And also, like what Clarissa said, those performances were of reminiscing the past three years in high school. That time I started thinking of the past as well. (Let me expound on that later on a separate post.)

The Dance Troupe also went into the limelight! How could I forget? And also, prizes were raffled out to teachers in the middle of the program.

And the most anticipated part of all is the teachers’ response and their performance! Man! I never expected Mr. Baccay to sing so good with the band! I never really thought that he could perform like that while he was reviewing us for math contests. And Sir Magz too, on the bass guitar! They rock! And the new teachers were so cool dancing to the groove. Lancelot and I were even cheering for Miss Majul! I guess in the end she couldn’t “find an excuse to escape.” It was such a great number!

*sigh* The day had to end… Oh well. Guess next year, I just have to drop by Saint Jude on Teachers’ Day and see all the fun (and Tang Lao Shi sing).

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]



<< 主页