"Judenites: Witnesses to the Word in the World"
"Pumapatak na naman ang ulan sa bubong ng bahay..."
Yup... It suddenly fell hard today. But no matter what, I, along with the others, still need to go to school for a leadership seminar.
At first it was a little boring I admit. But then Fr. Jerome conducted a talk and I was suddenly a little awake. I like his homilies during Mass; his words are full of meaning and enlightenment. At the same time, he can express himself well.
We had this activity where we were grouped into eleven groups. Fr. Jerome asked us two questions: "What do you see or how do you see the Philippines?" and "What makes you think so?" Miss Majul happened to be one of my groupmates along with Bianca, Kathryn, and Alfred. I guess I couldn't tell everything we wrote... they were a little long and if people from the government could read them........... Fr. Jerome discussed the tools for social analyis and also the Liberation Theology (reflection and praxis).
Anyway, during the snack break, I suddenly learned that we weren't supposed to go out of the school to buy our lunch. Since the number was a little too many, Mrs. Ramos allowed us to buy from Ria's. But then Gen asked me if I had brought lunch. I answered with a simple "No." Then she said, "Sige. Sama ka na sa aming mag-order ng Yellow Cab!" Well, that was an opportunity I couldn't miss! At first Aaron was insisting on ordering ten ten-inch pizzas for seven of us, but then it went down to six pizzas instead. We had them delivered by the way.
After that break, Mrs. Ramos gave us a talk on those who are poor, and also about the four places that Judenites will be visiting soon. Nothing out of the ordinary...
Then lunch came! The seven of us (Gen, Jen, Aaron, Hans, Tang, Lors, and I) started feasting on the forty-eight slices of pizza (six pizzas with eight slices each...)! Unfortunately for some, they were already starting to get full early. Some friends also happened to pass by and we asked them to eat with us like Miss Cruz, Miss Majul, Nic, Kat, and even Mr. Gelido! I had six slices of the New York's Finest...
After lunch was the best part! Having finished discussing the plans of the different clubs and organizations, the different club officers/representatives and also Mrs. Ramos gave the floor to Fr. Marquez for another talk. This time, he discussed about the five core values of a Judenite.
For our activity, the students were divided into five groups, each producing an MTV or Koreanobela. Since Lors, Luz, and Tang were three of my groupmates, it was no hassle making a short play for they're DG officers! I played the role of the "disciplined" and "kindhearted" Tai Pang It by the way. Does it sound Korean to you? It was a little embarassing but it was fun! I won Best Actor by the way...
A Mass followed. Then, it was time to go home! But 4E happened to come back from Tagaytay, and I went along with Warren for a while. I told myself that I'd be waiting for FO before I leave but he took too long! At least we were able to mingle a little.
"Raindrops keep falling on my head..."
Yup. Even after staying in school 'til five, rain was still pouring heavily. I had no choice but to barge through the rain with my umbrella and come back home.
Tomorrow is our outreach at Cavite! I am a little excited, for this is a first-time experience. But it's sad that all these new activities and changes only take place when I leave my alma mater...
Yup... It suddenly fell hard today. But no matter what, I, along with the others, still need to go to school for a leadership seminar.
At first it was a little boring I admit. But then Fr. Jerome conducted a talk and I was suddenly a little awake. I like his homilies during Mass; his words are full of meaning and enlightenment. At the same time, he can express himself well.
We had this activity where we were grouped into eleven groups. Fr. Jerome asked us two questions: "What do you see or how do you see the Philippines?" and "What makes you think so?" Miss Majul happened to be one of my groupmates along with Bianca, Kathryn, and Alfred. I guess I couldn't tell everything we wrote... they were a little long and if people from the government could read them........... Fr. Jerome discussed the tools for social analyis and also the Liberation Theology (reflection and praxis).
Anyway, during the snack break, I suddenly learned that we weren't supposed to go out of the school to buy our lunch. Since the number was a little too many, Mrs. Ramos allowed us to buy from Ria's. But then Gen asked me if I had brought lunch. I answered with a simple "No." Then she said, "Sige. Sama ka na sa aming mag-order ng Yellow Cab!" Well, that was an opportunity I couldn't miss! At first Aaron was insisting on ordering ten ten-inch pizzas for seven of us, but then it went down to six pizzas instead. We had them delivered by the way.
After that break, Mrs. Ramos gave us a talk on those who are poor, and also about the four places that Judenites will be visiting soon. Nothing out of the ordinary...
Then lunch came! The seven of us (Gen, Jen, Aaron, Hans, Tang, Lors, and I) started feasting on the forty-eight slices of pizza (six pizzas with eight slices each...)! Unfortunately for some, they were already starting to get full early. Some friends also happened to pass by and we asked them to eat with us like Miss Cruz, Miss Majul, Nic, Kat, and even Mr. Gelido! I had six slices of the New York's Finest...
After lunch was the best part! Having finished discussing the plans of the different clubs and organizations, the different club officers/representatives and also Mrs. Ramos gave the floor to Fr. Marquez for another talk. This time, he discussed about the five core values of a Judenite.
For our activity, the students were divided into five groups, each producing an MTV or Koreanobela. Since Lors, Luz, and Tang were three of my groupmates, it was no hassle making a short play for they're DG officers! I played the role of the "disciplined" and "kindhearted" Tai Pang It by the way. Does it sound Korean to you? It was a little embarassing but it was fun! I won Best Actor by the way...
A Mass followed. Then, it was time to go home! But 4E happened to come back from Tagaytay, and I went along with Warren for a while. I told myself that I'd be waiting for FO before I leave but he took too long! At least we were able to mingle a little.
"Raindrops keep falling on my head..."
Yup. Even after staying in school 'til five, rain was still pouring heavily. I had no choice but to barge through the rain with my umbrella and come back home.
Tomorrow is our outreach at Cavite! I am a little excited, for this is a first-time experience. But it's sad that all these new activities and changes only take place when I leave my alma mater...

0 条评论:
发表评论
订阅 博文评论 [Atom]
<< 主页